If you like Modcloth.com, you’ll also like….

One of our hands down favourite stores on Never Shopped Out is Modcloth – their gorgeous retro, indie and vintage clothing always leads to a wishlist a mile long – and one thing we’ve found is you can’t debate too long because their gorgeous goodies sell out quickly. So,  today we present five other stores who focus on modern vintage….

Lulus Fashion Lounge

Lulu's Modern Vintage Online Store

Lulus has a huge range of clothing, many from designers also carried on Modcloth.  The sale section is a great find, I’m absolutely loving my most recent purchase - The Adieu Dress in Black- IRL it’s just a gorgeous, fully lined, and a steal for $39.50. The only downside? They don’t current ship to Australia.

Visit Lulus

Tulle

tulle_web

Tulle is a colour lovers heaven with their vintage inspired line of vibrant skirts, tops and cute cardigans like this heart cropped cardi. Unfortunately, this is another store that you will need to use a mail forwarder, as they only ship within the US.

Visit Tulle

Shop Plasticland

plasticland_web

Plasticland was create in 2002 as an alternative to cookie cutter fashions, and has a huge range goodies, not just clothing. Plasticland works with a mail forwarder to send through your goodies to non US countries, or you can just use your own mail forwarder.

Visit Plasticland

Shop Ruche

ruche_web

Ruche is a modern boutique with a vintage touch. There are lots of pretty dresses here, and the good news is that Shop Ruche will ship to Australia!

Visit Shop Ruche

Avant GuadyModern Vintage is what Avant Gaudy is all about, for both guys and girls, with a belief that clothing should be both timely and timeless. They also ship worldwide for a flat rate.Visit Avant Gaudy  – sorry folks, Avant Gaudy seems to be no more!

Nasty Girl

nastygirl_web

What started as an eBay store selling vintage clothing has, 5 years later, grown into a full fledged online store selling new and vintage clothing for fashion forward, free thinking girls. Nasty Girl do ship internationally for a flat rate of $20 or free if you spend over $250

Visit Nasty Girl

10 comments on If you like Modcloth.com, you’ll also like….

1. Shanice
    May 31, 2010 at 12:47 PM (4 years ago)

Thank You!!!!!!

2. Beatriz
    October 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM (4 years ago)

thank you!

but i still feel like those stores don't measure up to modcloth. there's just something about them. could be the amazingly witty descriptions of every piece, the clever names, the unique styles, maybe even the website's color scheme, but i am just not satisfied with any other mod/indie online clothing store. i'm hooked.

3. Gracie
    November 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM (4 years ago)

I have to agree. None of these stores had anything that compares to Modcloth. Even the clothing style was off. The clothes all seemed a bit too modernized and didn't have that quirky Modcloth feel. However, being in Australia makes shipping a PAIN!

4. Ashley
    December 30, 2010 at 5:20 PM (4 years ago)

Yes, Modcloth is the best. I'd say the second best (b/c I actually found what I wanted which is a brown skirt that goes below the knee) is LuLu's. Otherwise, Modcloth is still the best EVER.

5. vk
    February 23, 2011 at 7:28 AM (4 years ago)

Ohgosh I am in love with ModCloth too. I had no idea shipping was such a pain :( damn! I wish there was something definitively alike to it :/

6. Monica
    March 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM (4 years ago)

I love Modcloth, but there's no designing that they have some of the same suppliers as the other shops. They're just really good at writing copy and photographing their goods, and their website design is really cute.

This blogger has a blog series on Modcloth clothes found elsewhere for less: http://thevioletreaction.blogspot.com/search/labe

7. cs
    May 26, 2011 at 8:54 PM (3 years ago)

This website is small, and not as developed as modcloth, but they update frequently and have some really cute jewelry! http://www.serendipitynh.com

8. cb
    November 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM (3 years ago)

dont forget about urban outfitters, or urban attitude, also Esty is a great place for indie bargins. I have also searched Amazon for similar if not the same product from modcloth

9. Jessica
    March 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM (3 years ago)

Just what I was looking for, thanks!!

10. Ashley
    May 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM (1 year ago)

I’ve been shopping on http://www.lilyboutique.com and they seem to have the same stuff as Modcloth but almost $30 cheaper for one of the dresses I bought. They also have a lot of stuff that I’ve never seen anywhere else either.